People are always looking for the next best cleanse. I was just looking at a cleanse program that looks pretty good, with all natural organic ingredients. In their promotional materials they “boast” that it only costs $27.00 …….a day! I laughed when I saw this in their advertising. To put that into perspective I can feed 2 people on a plant based diet for $10-$15 a day with no problem.
Why do we want to make better health more complicated than it has to be.
#1 We should be thinking about eating a diet that does not clog up our system to the point that we NEED to cleanse. Our diets should be such that cleansing is a common part of the bodies every day routine! If you are overweight, out of energy and constipated you need to make some changes to your daily food consumption.
#2 If you do want to cleanse why depend on costly programs, with a handful of different supplements and shakes that come out of a plastic bottle. I prefer to eat the cleansing foods that mother nature packages perfectly…….fruits!
One of the easiest and most economical cleanses you can do is to eat….Watermelon! That is it! Eat watermelon! Try eating nothing but watermelon for a day…..or two…if you really go crazy! So simple!
Why I like a Watermelon Cleanse:
1) Who wants to be cleansing and not eating anything. Not me! I like to eat! So if I can cleanse and eat….perfect! On a watermelon cleanse you can eat as much as you want all day long. Blend it, juice it, cut and eat it!
2) Watermelon is high in fiber that works like a broom for your intestinal tract. Believe me most of us not only need a broom to clean out our intestines, we need a sledge hammer. You would be surprised what comes out of you if you eat watermelon for a day or three!
3) Watermelon is 92%….water! They do not call it watermelon for nothing! We all need better hydration and that water adds to the tremendous cleansing effect.
4) Not only is watermelon cleansing for your intestines, it is a great way to cleanse your kidneys. So you get a colon cleanse and a kidney cleanse all in one.
5) It is a easy cleanse to do and watermelons are readily abundant during summer months. All you need is a knife to cut it and a spoon to eat it. In fact you can even skip the spoon! No mixing, blending, or shaking required.
Other watermelon benefits:
1) Watermelons are low calorie but high energy!
2) Just 1 cup of watermelon has about 20% of your daily Vitamin C needs, along with a lot of other vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
3) Watermelon contains more Lycopene than any other fruit or vegetable. Lycopene is a phytonutrient (plant nutrient) important for cardiovascular health.
4) Once you eat the inside, if it is an organic watermelon, you can juice the rind! The rind of the watermelon is high in the amino acid Citrulline. Citrulline is converted into Arginine in the body. Arginine helps to relax the veins and arteries and helps to improve blood flow and blood pressure. There is also a lot of interest in Citrulline as a natural Viagra.
5) On a hot summer day there is nothing better to cool you off than watermelon. Have a fever? Watermelon is great to lower body temperature.
Other interesting facts about Watermelon:
1) Watermelons originated in Africa.
2) China is the largest watermelon producer in the world.
3) 4+ Billion pounds of watermelon are produced in the U.S. per year
4) The average person eats about 15 pounds of watermelon per year.
I will eat about 15 pounds of watermelon…..today!